Liberty - Andrew Friedman

Absinthe in Washington?

31 posts in this topic

I just tried a new domestic absinthe in Michigan this past weekend, from Leopold Bros.

It was very good, and for a domestic Absinthe I'd say it was excellent.

Any update on the Leopold Bros. absinthe?

(And what's with all these folks calling themselves "Brothers"? Don't they have any imagination?)

Chas. Munat

Munat Bros.

Todd has been posting over at my place (wormwoodsociety.org) and he's registered here. It's out, and headed in this direction at some point.

integrity spirits in Portland just received fed approval of their Trillium Absinthe and has been shipping massive quantities to the Oregon liquor control warehouse.

While we're at it, I finally received my COLA for Marteau Absinthe a few weeks ago.

The formula was submitted last October and approved in January.

The label looks great Gwydion

Do you mind if I ask who you had do the artwork?

We hope to be there soon, but we aren't going to make an announcement until the launch of our company is a 100% done deal (we are at 98% right now)

Greg

We have no plans to make absinthe at this point in time my partners and I haven't had enough exposure to produce it.

Saw this on the ADI forum and thought you might be interested in this perspective.

"I recently had the opportunity to taste Lucid Absinthe and St. Georges brand as well.

Thanks Gwydion, that was exactly the commentary I was hoping you would deliver.

On one hand this is exciting news for absinthe enthusiasts that so many new absinthes are coming to market. The unfortunate aspect about this is that many, if not most, of the new entrants to the market do not have a deep understanding or appreciation of what absinthe is and should be and how to make it. Most of the new-to-market absinthes I've tasted demonstrate this in how their flavor profile is askance from traditional absinthe and obvious flaws in herb choice/quality and distilling methods.