Hawk and Suzy Pingree

Business Value Analysis

4 posts in this topic

We are thinking we will need to buy our partner out soon, does anyone know how to evaluate the worth of a distillery and ciderworks?  Or who can do this kind of thing?

I used Terry Greenke of Performa Co when doing some appraisals for an investment at Copperworks. He came highly recommended, and was priced about 30% lower than other business appraisers I was directed to. Your price will certainly vary based on how much of a comparison to other businesses in your industry you wish to perform. It's a big task, so expect to pay between $2,000 to $10,000. It will also require a lot of work on your part to get the documents together that are necessary for a valid appraisal.

Terry can be reached at: bizappraizer@hotmail.com.

All the best with this.

Hey Hawk and Suzy, basically banks are looking for comps, and since the craft distillery biz model is somewhat new, they struggle with appraisals. The fact that some folks have been either bought or partially acquired, Big Gin and Westland, that would be a good contact to speak with. The basic rule of thumb for value when I am working with customers who are planning their end game is, 30% of gross sales plus equipment, after depreciation value, plus inventory at cost

Cheers!!