Nightside

Square Processing

4 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, so I have been looking at this for years and haven't found a good setup. Does anyone have a good method for adding the Liter fee to their sales using Square. Right now the only option is a percentage and when you change the price of an item (i.e. discount) it discounts the Liter fee also. I am looking for a method in which it stays static and yet does not require another button push since we also sell online and don't want the customer to have to add a modifier. If no one has any work arounds then I ask maybe you can provide your emails if you are a square customer, because with enough requests for this to be added they may actually do it.

Set up the Liter taxes as separate items, with no taxes applied to them, and just add them to the cart on each transaction. Works for us just fine for us and I'm pretty sure it can be automatically added in on online transactions. 

We do it the same way as Salish- fairly easy and helps with inventory numbers at the end of the day.

On a side note- does anyone else's book-keeper hate the Square reports or have a better way of getting info out for moving to QB?

I put the full price into square including the taxes, and then back out to calculate the liter and spirit fees using the formulas below.  The nice thing is that you can account for customer discounts doing it this way.  The easiest way to implement this is to keep the formulas in a spreadsheet into which you copy/paste the square data.  Feel free to let me know if you need a hand setting it up.

Retail Sales Liter  -  Bottle Size in Liters * 3.7708 

Retail List Price  -  Price - Retail Liter Tax - ((Price - Retail Liter Tax)/1.205)  

Retail Sales Spirit  - Price - Liter Tax - List Price

On Prem Sales Liter  - Bottle Size in Liters * 2.4408

On Prem Sales Spirit  -  Price - Retail Liter Tax - ((Price - Retail Liter Tax)/1.137)

On Prem List Price - Price - Liter Tax - List Price