Jason Parker

Possible Tacoma Distillery Location Offered

4 posts in this topic

Hello current and would-be WA distilleries,

We just received an email from Kyle Prosser, a property broker putting together a big project in Tacoma. If you're interested in his proposal, please contact him directly. Here's his email:

-------------------------

Jason & Holly,

I hope this email finds you well. The reason I am reaching out to you is that I spoke with Matt Hoffman from Westland Distillers. He suggested I get in touch with you regarding a really fun, cool opportunity in Tacoma, WA. There is a ton of action in Tacoma right now – breweries opening all around our project (see map). McMenamin’s working on two different projects within a mile of us. Matt suggested that he thinks the best play would be getting a couple of different distilleries to consider leasing space as a tasting room of sorts and perhaps sharing back of house equipment for small batch production.

Has a great lineup – Rhein Haus signed for 13,500 SF (www.rheinhausseattle.com ). Jimmy Johns signed. At lease with Starbucks.

Please consider our Stadium Redevelopment project in N. Tacoma’s Stadium District. The center is anchored by Stadium Thriftway Grocery Store, which is doing over $600/SF with an average ticket of $16.00/SF and surrounded by multiple restaurants. The site is located in the densest part of Pierce County with close proximity to Multicare’s Tacoma General Hospital (3 blocks away), Franciscan’s St Joseph’s Hospital (6 blocks away), Stadium High School (1 block away - 1,400 students), and located in the heart of the residential core.

We have recaptured the Premier Collision space on N. 1st St. where we will redevelop about 30,000 SF. Titus Will is vacated and we will be leasing out the 25,000 SF located directly over Stadium Thriftway fronting Division. The land directly across the street just closed with an Apartment Developer who plans on building 200+ residential apartment units. We have roughly 2,000 - 9,300 SF adjacent to Rhein Haus and 1,200 SF adjacent to Jimmy Johns and Starbucks.

Based on the daytime population (both surrounding medical and Downtown Tacoma) and great neighborhood demographics, we feel like it would be a great fit for retail tenants – specifically distilleries. Would love to get you on site and buy you a drink!

I also have attached a map that shows where local breweries have popped up in addition to 2 recent articles about breweries/restaurants coming to Tacoma.

Tacoma Links:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/thrillist/12-neighborhoods-across-a_b_8868756.html

http://www.thenewstribune.com/entertainment/restaurants/tnt-diner/article54365610.html

Regards,

Kyle Prosser

Broker

First Western Properties – Tacoma, Inc.

6402 Tacoma Mall Blvd

Tacoma, WA 98409

P (253) 284-3633 F (253) 472-0541

www.fwp-inc.com

------------------------

All the best!

Stadium District Building Brochure 01-11-16.pdf

post-3055-0-17199400-1453925196_thumb.jp

post-3055-0-47558300-1453925217_thumb.jp

Yes, Tacoma is an undiscovered gem that I have been attempting to unearth for the past 8 years. The Stadium District is definitely a very cool area in the City of Destiny.

"Matt suggested that he thinks the best play would be getting a couple of different distilleries to consider leasing space as a tasting room of sorts and perhaps sharing back of house equipment for small batch production."

Interesting. How would that work in terms of permitting and compliance? Co-op LLC?

I'm no expert, but I remember looking into the "alternating premise" mechanism at the TTB a little and there's a way.

"Matt suggested that he thinks the best play would be getting a couple of different distilleries to consider leasing space as a tasting room of sorts and perhaps sharing back of house equipment for small batch production."

Interesting. How would that work in terms of permitting and compliance? Co-op LLC?