Shel L

Aloha! Hawaii distiller now in WA

4 posts in this topic

Just wanted to introduce myself. I moved back to WA last year after helping start up a cane-to-bottle rum distillery, for about two years, in Kunia, HI. We started experiments on a 6 gallon still, to a 30 gallon still, and finally a 600 gallon still. I had my own machete and learned how to swing that thing like champ, among learning how to manage, market, and run the distillery. Moved back before we could unbarrel our first aged rum that would sell to restaurants, so I guess you can say I'm a little bummed about that. This past year I worked in quality control for a juice concentrate company and even though it was a great experience to get my hands dirty within the regulation sector, my passion lies in working for the distilling industry.

post-3686-0-69530100-1428086824_thumb.jp

post-3686-0-80810900-1428086866_thumb.jp

1 person likes this

Shel:

Welcome back (or to) Seattle! I would love to learn about what you are up to. Drop me a note sometime!

Best,

Ian MacNeil

Glass Distillery

Email me

1 person likes this

Hi Shel,

Great story, and fun pictures. Thanks for connecting with the WDG, and for telling us a little about yourself. It seems a lot of folks are looking for a distiller these days, so if you're interested, by all means use this forum to connect! And if you are out and about, drop by some of the distilleries in your neck of the woods and introduce yourself. We've got so many great distilleries here. You're definitely in the right place!

Cheers,

1 person likes this

Hi Shel,

Welcome to the Seattle area! I am looking forward to meeting you in the future. If you decide at any time to start your own distillery, I am more than happy to help you with your bonding and insurance needs!