Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Silver Spur Spirits

UPDATE: Senate Bill 5353 & House Bill 1976

3 posts in this topic

Hello Everyone,

I know that I have not done my proper introduction on the forum, but, I have meet some of you at the last Guild meeting. As some of you know I have been following, testifying (with Justin, Jason, and John) in Olympia and writing all the Senators involved with the Senate Committees pushing for these bills to be heard, read, and passed. I would also like to say "Thank You!" to Jason from Copperworks and Justin from Heritage and all the others for all their hard work on these bills. As of Friday February 27th Senate Bill 5353 has gotten a "DO PASS" from the majority in the Ways and Means Committee and has moved to the next stage of the process which is the Rules Committee. They can either pass it on to the schedule to be heard by the Senate Floor or let it die there. I have written all 20 Senators and the Lt. Gov. that sit on this committee asking them to advance it to the Floor to be voted on, and I urge every one of you to take the time and do the same. The more collective voices they hear the harder it is for them to ignore them.

I have attached a copy of 2SSB 5353 for all to read. If you are feeling up to writing the Senators, Google: Washington State Legislature, go to Home, then Legislative Committees, then Senate Committees drop down, then select Rules, then you can select Committee Members (that will give you a complete list of the member), then select one of the members of the committee and that will hook you up to their e-mail, start writing and let them know. They are here to serve us, the people. One thing for sure, I have gotten great responses from a number of the Senators in support of this bill.

As far as, House Bill 1976. I haven't seen it move in the House Committees. Maybe Justin or Jason can update us further on this one. I have also attached a copy of HB 1976 far all to read. It is the same as the bill in the Senate but is going through the House of Representatives.

I hope to meet all of you soon and look for me in the intros.

Robert Clendenen

5353-S2.pdf

1976-S.pdf

As of March 9th the 2SSB5353 is on the calendar for the 2nd reading of the Senate. Please go to the WDG Facebook page and look for the newsletter with the "CALL TO ACTION" in it and act NOW. It has to be read and passed by 5:00 p.m Wednesday the 11th. That's less than 24 hours folks.

Well Folks,

As of today at 5 p.m. the Senate Bill 5353, "PASSED" with 40 "Yes" and 9 "No". It now has to go thru the House of Reps. Hopefully it fly's thru them and go's to the Gov. desk to be signed. I'll keep everyone posted as it happens. For all of you that help make this happen; my deepest "THANK YOU!"

Robert Clendenen