Johno

Industrial insurance requirements?

6 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

Anybody know if industrial insurance is required by Washington law for distilleries? This would be something a business could obtain through the Department of Labor & Industries. I'm a bit confused about exactly what type of insurance we're going to need to satisfy the law, other than the surety bond filed through the TTB. Also, I've made a couple of inquiries of insurance companies and have had essentially no response. Anybody have a favorite and trusted agent they might want to throw my way?

Thanks,

-j

Never heard of needing industrial insurance. We have property insurance, liability insurance, and key man insurance on our head distiller. I suggest you contact Cincinnati insurance company, they have an insurance packet specifically designed for distilleries.

Like John, we have no "industrial insurance", but do have all the other types he listed (plus auto). I've been working with Dianna Connelly, a local agent who came recommended from Orlin at Woodinville Whiskey. She's good, her prices are fair, and she's able to meet with you personally--something I really like. PM me for her contact info, if interested.

Never heard of needing industrial insurance. We have property insurance, liability insurance, and key man insurance on our head distiller. I suggest you contact Cincinnati insurance company, they have an insurance packet specifically designed for distilleries.

Thanks for the tip Sam!

-j

Like John, we have no "industrial insurance", but do have all the other types he listed (plus auto). I've been working with Dianna Connelly, a local agent who came recommended from Orlin at Woodinville Whiskey. She's good, her prices are fair, and she's able to meet with you personally--something I really like. PM me for her contact info, if interested.

Thanks Jason I will take you up on that :)

-j

Johno and others,

I just wanted to reach out to you (all of you) and let you know that as far as insurance is concerned, there is no one else in the country currently who is a larger authority on this issue than I. I have put together a national exclusive program that is actually tailored specifically to each individual distillery, as well, my insurance product is the only product currently available that accurately insures your product at its correct value as well as insures it throughout the aging process in the case that you have an aged product. I am going to share the link to my already posted white paper for your review that Bill Owens from the American Distilling Institute commissioned me to write about my revolutionary new insurance product. I would encourage you to give it a read through for a better understanding of what I am bringing to distilleries. (it can be found here http://forums.washingtondistillersguild.org/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=110 )

I have written micro and craft distilleries for many years, have an incredible working knowledge of the TTB and insurance as well as I have distillation experience from "field to bottle". So make no mistake, this is the real deal and it is something that those aforementioned carriers cannot even complete with since they do not have the customized forms or endorsements that I am offering. If you need anything what-so-ever please give me a call on my personal cell phone at 307-752-5961. I take all my own calls, work hand in hand with all of my distillers and take immense pride in being among the very best and being the only insurance agent who has worked to partner with a carrier to custom build a program (and know enough to write the forms and endorsements) specifically for distilleries. Please do let me know if I can do anything for you at this time.