Kirby Kallas-Lewis

March/April Meeting suggestions....

28 posts in this topic

It's probably a good time to have another meeting. How about Friday the 25th of March from 6- 7 or Friday April 1st (same times) for the meeting and a Bourbon tasting after for those who can stay. This timing should allow people to make the meeting and still have their evening for something else if they so choose.

I can bring 2 or three Bourbons and some ice, a shaker and something to mix one cocktail. We could try the whiskey straight up, on ice, and in a manhattan perhaps?

Let me know if that works and what Bourbon you can bring (not necessary to bring anything, of course) and I'll start compiling a list of what we will have to work with. It would be cool to pull together some small distillery products.

Does this give people enough notice? I'm happy to host, but open to all suggestions as well.

Kirby

Let's focus on April 1st as a possible meet up date to give people a bit more time.

Any interest out there?

Kirby

Could I suggest everyone bring one of there own products to share with others? Maybe a project you are working on and would like some feedback... or a product you would like to show off.

Just a thought.

yes. great idea and so much more interesting than waxing poetic on how good buffalo trace bourbon is..... great, I know, just sayin'.....

dig deep and bring some stuff to really taste and talk about.

Kirby

OK,..... the few regulars are signing up for April 1st so that is locked in as the date.

What about the rest of you? MOTIVATION: Let's say if we get 9 confirmed distillery geeks (aka distillers, or soon to be, or interested types that might be, ....aka no restrictions other than very interested in this concept of distilling ) coming I'm in for opening a 40+ year old armagnac for us all to enjoy,.... base coercive tactics have been employed, I know, but what ever it takes to motivate you busy peeps .... I've been saving it for something important so maybe this is it....

Woodenville? You out there? You represent a significant and close in group. Talk amongst yourselves and show up......

Ryan? Marysville? Tacoma? Snohomish? SoDo? Pike? Union st? Early founders? ( Steven is in, others?)

I can host on capitol hill or feel free to suggest other locals if preferred ......

Kirby

cashmere, spokane, prosser, tacoma, bellingham, freemont, ballard, etc, etc, of course! Anyone omitted ? come out of outrage and anger at being left out and give your positive input and be heard......

Hmmm. 40 year old armagnac you say. I'm tempted, but you know how I hate getting out. :-) But OK! See you on April Fools day (my favorite day!)

Jason

I would love to attend but unfortunately I will be working that night. If someone wouldn't mind posting the meeting notes it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Cory

Kirby your throwing out a tempting offer thats for sure! Depends on if I can get a babysitter for my son. If so, my wife and I should be able to come down. I'm game to come down to Seattle or somewhere inbetween.

Ryan

Hey Ryan, Good luck with the babysitter! It will be worth it!

It would be great if you could make it. I think at this point we have enough interest to say it's a go so lets plan on April Fools day.

I'll start pulling together an agenda, and post some ideas - please do the same.

Kirby

P.S. Ryan, did you receive my message about the grain?

It's probably a good time to have another meeting. How about Friday the 25th of March from 6- 7 or Friday April 1st (same times) for the meeting and a Bourbon tasting after for those who can stay. This timing should allow people to make the meeting and still have their evening for something else if they so choose.

I can bring 2 or three Bourbons and some ice, a shaker and something to mix one cocktail. We could try the whiskey straight up, on ice, and in a manhattan perhaps?

Let me know if that works and what Bourbon you can bring (not necessary to bring anything, of course) and I'll start compiling a list of what we will have to work with. It would be cool to pull together some small distillery products.

Does this give people enough notice? I'm happy to host, but open to all suggestions as well.

Kirby

Where will this be held, if it's on April 1st?

Trailsend

Didn't see my last post.

So again, if meeting is held on 4-1-11 where will it be held at?

trailsend

Kirby has offered his place up for hosting again. Let's meet there.

Oola Distillery

1314 E Union in Seattle

6:00 at Oola Distillery works for me. Still under construction so dress accordingly.

again, 1314 East Union. Seattle 98122

Call if you have trouble finding the place

(206) 349-8773

This is looking great..... Damn, I now have to bring out the promised good stuff......

6:00 is the time.....

New-guy-hoping-to-be-located-in-Bellingham-but-currently-living-in-Seattle in....and excited to meet everyone!

That's a damn cool reason to not make it! Have a great trip and check out some distilleries and report back.....

Kirby

Great. I'm having lunch with Bill Owens from ADI and he might also come by. A reporter from KUOW is also planning on coming by.

This could be the meeting not to miss!

Kirby